Voluntary Codes of Conduct and Public Commitments
To help ensure that your consumer rights are protected as an ING DIRECT Client, we have adopted several Voluntary Codes of Conduct and Public Commitments. The following guidelines outline the high standards and level of service you can expect when you bank with us.
- Code of Conduct for the Debit and Credit Card Industry
- Canadian Code of Practice for Consumer Debit Card Services
- Guidelines for Transfers of Registered Plans
- Code of Conduct for Authorized Insurance Activities
- Principles of Consumer Protection for Electronic Commerce: A Canadian Framework
- Plain Language Mortgage Documents
- Commitment on Modification or Replacement of Existing Products or Services
- Code of Conduct for Mortgage Prepayment Information
The Financial Consumer Agency of Canada ("FCAC") oversees adherence to these Voluntary Codes and Public Commitments.
You may contact the FCAC in writing at:
Financial Consumer Agency of Canada
427 Laurier Ave. West, 6th Floor
Ottawa, Ontario K1R 1B9
Information about the FCAC and its role and about consumer protection laws and regulations, is available at www.fcac-acfc.gc.ca.
FCAC services in English 1-866-461-FCAC (3222)
FCAC services in French 1-866-461-ACFC (2232)
For calls from the Ottawa area or from outside Canada: (613) 996-5454